Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Only the first day, and a lot of homework

I meant to spend some time writing something interesting for this blog, but I already have a bunch of homework. I guess I didn't know how laid back my Chinese classes at Northwestern were, but this is a lot more intense. Mostly I'm not used to 99% of class being conducted in Chinese. I'm pretty much confused all the time. But that's how this language intensive stuff is supposed to work I guess, and most of the people in my class seem to not understand much either.

Today started with 4 hours of language class up until noon. After that we're still obligated to speak Chinese until 4 p.m., which pretty much meant not speaking much. I spent that time eating in the student cafeteria for 5 kuai (like 75 cents) and then going to Carrefour (think Chinese Walmart). Then dinner, then homework, until now. I still have to review some stuff for tomorrow, but I'll try to make time to write something more interesting for the next post.

Oh, and my ATM card worked to get 100 kuai out, so everything about this trip seems to be going right.

No comments: