Friday, September 28, 2007

My Trip

I left yesterday on a 10-day trip around China. We have the week off from class and were allowed to go anywhere we wanted. Five friends and I have already arrived in Xi'an today, after a comfortable 13-hour train ride. The weather is bad, cold and rainy. I've done limited sightseeing so far, eating in the muslim quarter and seeing the drum and bell tower. Tomorrow I will go to see the Army of Terracotta Warriors. I'm pretty excited.

From there, on to Beijing by myself, where I'll stay not far from the Forbidden City. The rest of the group is going to Dunhuang and the Gobi Desert, so I thought I would take the opportunity to visit my frat brother in a Beijing study abroad program. I'll also see the great wall and all that touristy stuff. I'll finish up coming down with said friend to Shanghai for the weekend, where several other people I know will have already been staying for a few days.

Probably won't update the blog much, and there will be no pictures until my return.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey jake,

i just read all your blog entries. very interesting. at least you're getting the "rockstar" treatment. haha. NU is going good though. you should get skype and we'll do a video chat sometime with some of the sigs. hope all is well.

ryan

Anonymous said...

ps what's the time difference?

Jake said...

My skype name is jake.spring, and the time here is 13 hours ahead. That will change with daylight savings time since china doesn't observe it, but I'm not sure how. I'd definitely be up for a video chat, although I don't get internet in my room , so you'd either have to wait for me to log on sometime (which may take a while) or just e-mail me with when you want to do it.