Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Weekends

Two Weekends
There have only been two weekends since Lianyungong, but it seems like I've has been here a lot longer. For those of you wondering what I do on the weekends, I thought I'd write about it. I've mostly been going out to bars/clubs with people in the program. A couple times at least, PingPing, our amazing assistant director (assistant to the director?) has suggested places to go.

Babyface, located in the 1912 district, which is the largest club district in Nanjing. We just went there and went to one of the first places we saw, so I didn't think it was that great.

Nothing much more exciting than in the US. Lots of dancing. Thank god, the average dancing ability in China is low, so I don't stand out very much. Our dorm's little side street always has a lot of people hanging out around the drink shop on weekend nights, so sometimes we'll hang out with other international students or locals there before or after going out.

This weekend, I may be going to Shanghai, a 2 hour train ride away. I may have more to report after that.

Tomorrow I have 8 hours of class because I had to shift around the time I meet with my one-on-one professor. So I'm going to do homework and go to sleep.

No comments: